Thursday, January 13, 2011

A long week...

Whew...it's been a long week. Even though I've only been at work one day, thanks to the ice, I still feel exhausted from the week anyway. So glad I'm not eating strictly raw this week :)

I have to say that I am pretty obsessed with the Nutritional Typing that I blogged about a couple days ago. I truly find it fascinating. If you have 20 minutes to spare, I sincerely think you'll find it worth it to take the quiz and read up on your Nutritional Type. You also get the free cookbook to download and the first 50 pages (before the recipes) are absolutely fascinating. I am really curious to hear what you all think about it and if it  strikes a chord in you like it has in me. Jude and I are both the "mixed type" and are planning to start following the plan in the near future. Here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://products.mercola.com/nutritional-typing/

One of our goals to save money and prepare for all the food changes we are about to make, is to clean out the fridge and pantry. It's time...we have a lot of food in this house. We are going to go through and decide if there is any food that wouldn't be a healthy choice and give it away, and then for the rest of the food, we are going to get creative and make meals out of what we have. Of course, we'll be having to make trips to the store to get produce and milk, but hopefully we'll manage to eat through the rest of the stuff within a few weeks and save money while we do it. After we "clean house" I'm going to start reporting to you how our grocery bills are looking by gradually adding in more organic items.

Just so you know...we have started January out with dairy....all dairy we buy from here on out will be organic. We were already buying organic milk and yogurt, but eggs, cheese, sour cream, etc will all be new purchases. I want to spend time this month looking into the cheapest ways to purchase these items, the difference between hormone free dairy and organic dairy and try and come to a conclusion about what seems the most logical route to go for our family.

Hope this week is treating you all well!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment