Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Diet of Champions

Okay, yes, two posts in one night is a bit much. Don't worry, I'll never keep up this pace. However, I had so much to say tonight that I thought breaking it into two posts may keep your attention longer...

So guess what my precious, health crazed husband has convinced me to do with him?!? A raw food detox diet for a week starting first thing tomorrow morning! What have I gotten myself into? We started this all-natural cleanse tonight that consisted of 3 "puirfy" capsules before dinner, a "capture" powder mixed with water (that tasted like horses) after dinner and then 3 "remove" capsules before bed.  If any of you have done this particular cleanse and it didn't work, please don't tell me...we've already opened the boxes and can't take it back and I'm willing to go with the placebo effect as a worst-case scenario. So, yes..a raw food detox for 7 whole days...yum. I definitely did not eat enough junk prior to this diet to make it worth it. Oh well...too late now. There is something in my body already "capturing" up all my toxins. Hooray!

We are hitting the ground running in 2011 with all of our exciting efforts to achieve true health-if that is even possible. We will certainly give it our best effort! I can hear Jude (my husband) downstairs chopping up all of our veggies for our meals tomorrow. No way would I have ever done any of this if it wasn't for him...not quite sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'll save our menu for tomorrow when I give you the lowdown on detox day #1. 

Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    Love the flower background!
    Just wanted to comment - I think its great you are switching to an organic diet! It's definitely the way to go! :)
    Also, after you finish your raw food detox if you are searching for other info on diet and health I really reccomend ready Robb Wolf's book "The Paleo Solution"
    It has changed our lives! Let me know if you want more info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah,
    I admire your efforts!!! Just know that whole "cleanse" thing may leave you..um,well not quite in a position to work today if you know what I mean. Hence the name- "remove". Good luck though and I can't wait to hear your reports. :)
    Amy M.

    ReplyDelete